We have had Ukeboxbaby run a couple of sessions for our mixed class of Nursery and Reception. The children absolutely loved the hour session and were able to experience a range of musical activities, including dancing, singing, playing drums, games and of course having a go at playing the ukulele. When we were learning about Space, Ukeboxbaby organised a space themed session which really enhanced the children’s learning.
The Ukeboxbaby leaders are meticulous in their planning so that all their activities meet various areas in the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework.
Fun sessions, enthusiastic children learning skills that could well lead to the ukulele players of the future!Alison Cardownie Clare
Head of Early Years
We run ukulele after-school clubs in which children aged 7+:
- can be in their first band,
- learn to play fun songs on the ukulele and some basic music theory,
- learn performance skills and have the option of performing ukulele songs to an audience,
- form new friendships and have fun.
Children learn the ukulele with me in their first band. Children name their band, help decide on the songs and have the option of performing to a live audience at local family events.
If you would like us to:
- run an after-school class at your child’s Brighton & Hove school, or
- if you are a school looking for a new after-school club
please get in touch using the form below.