- parent, baby and toddler song and story telling sessions, at which parents and or toddlers can have a go at playing an extremely simple song on the ukulele
- after-school clubs at which children can join their first band, whilst learning the ukulele in a group
- parent ukulele choir: Thursdays at 7.30pm at Brighton Girl’s School
- online ukulele lessons
- children’s birthday parties
If you are interested in any of the above, please use the drop down menu under ‘Ukulele Courses’ to select the one you’re interested in, to find out more.
Parent Baby & Toddler classes
We play songs live on the ukulele and other instruments; encouraging children to engage with music…and most of all have fun! In these classes we tell famous children’s stories with live ukulele songs throughout. Parents and older kids have the chance to learn simple ukulele songs at key points in the story. Performed songs are a mixture of children’s songs and pop songs – so there’s something for everyone little kids and big kids alike 😉! Our stories include beautiful homemade props and there are actions and dances that children can join in with. Bubbles, a parachute, rainbow sticks and more often make an appearance.
Wednesday class details are here: Wednesday Baby & Toddler Music Classes
Friday class details are here: Friday baby & toddler music classes
We run ukulele after-school clubs in which children aged 7+:
- can be in their first band,
- learn to play fun songs on the ukulele and some basic music theory,
- learn performance skills and have the option of performing ukulele songs to an audience,
- form new friendships and have fun.
Children learn the ukulele with me in their first band. Children name their band, help decide on the songs and have the option of performing to a live audience at local family events.